A Few Positive Facts From Our Survey
By Monica Van Aken, Ed. D, Head of School
Many of you may remember that we issued a parent survey authored by the National Association of Independent Schools during the winter months. We would like to thank the 152 respondents who filled out the survey providing us with valuable insight into your experience at MMS.
Each question has a possible six responses such as extremely satisfied, satisfied, somewhat satisfied, not satisfied, don't know, and not applicable. Responses along this spectrum allow us to assess our current status, continue successful initiatives, strengthen relatively weaker areas and plan for the future.
The survey had hundreds of data points for review, and we found the overall results encouraging. Some very positive highlights:
- 90% of parents surveyed responded that they were extremely satisfied or satisfied with the way in which the school is providing challenging core curriculum for students.
- 93% of parents maintained that they definitely would recommend the school to others.
- 91 % of all parents said that they were extremely satisfied or satisfied with their child's overall experience in our school.
- 85% of parents strongly agreed that the school provided a welcoming environment for their child.
- 85% said that they were extremely satisfied or satisfied with the school's overall communication.
- 91% percent of all families reported that they were extremely satisfied or satisfied with the school safety procedures that we have put in place.
As we continue to hone the data, we will let you know how we will address any needs you have raised. Again, we thank you for the support your participation in this survey displays.