Milwaukee Montessori School Robotics Club and Team students exhibit an increased capability of problem-solving development, through the integration of robots in the solution.
Robotics Club members learn and experiment with gears, drive trains, and the LEGO NXT robot learning to design, construct, and program the robot to complete missions in groups of two. Many obstacle courses are completed with the advanced programming skills.
These are great teamwork building activities enriched with Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
Last year, the MMS Robotics Team once again competed in the FIRST LEGO League Regional Tournament at Marquette University High School. Their coach, Mrs. Cieszynski, won the inaugural Outstanding FIRST LEGO League Coach Award. Click here to read the full story.
Past Team Achievements
The MMS Robotics Team lead by Mrs. Jaime Cieszynski, has had great success over the last several years. The team has demonstrated dedication and perseverance while formulating an in-depth understanding of real world problems.
History of Robotics Awards:
- 2013 - 1st Place Presentation Award - Marquette Regional; Nominated for Champion's award, Research award, Innovative Solution award and Teamwork award
- 2012 - Coach Cieszynski won the inaugural Outstanding FIRST LEGO League Coach Award
- 2011 - 1st Place Teamwork Award - Mukwonago Regional; Nominated for Innovative Project Solution award, Presentation award, Innovative Robot Design award, and Strategic Programming award
- 2010 - FIRST LEGO League Marquette Regional- First Place Project Award, Robot Design Nomination, and Team nomination to 2011 World Festival
- 2010 - FIRST LEGO League- State Oak Creek Competition, 1st Place Research Quality Award
- 2009 - 1st Place Project Presentation Award - Marquette University High School Regional - Qualified for State
- 2009 - 1st Place Quality Research Award - State FLL Osseo, WI Championship
- 2008 - Team Spirit Nomination - Thomas More FLL Regional Tournment
- 2007 - 1st Place Teamwork Award - Mukwonago Regional - Qualified for State
- 2007 - Gracious Professionalism Nomination - State FLL Appleton Championship
If you have further questions, please contact Mrs. Jaime Cieszynski, Robotics Coach, at email@example.com.
The First Lego League uses NXT LEGO computer programmed robots to creatively integrate Science, Math, Technology, and Engineering. Students provide solutions for the assigned puzzles judged for project presentation, research, robot design, and robot programming. Students involved within the Robotics team and club have exhibited an increased capability of problem-solving development. The Lower Elementary, Upper Elementary and Junior High Robotics Clubs begin with a series of activities to prepare them for the complexity of the LEGO NXT robot.