Every year we strive to achieve 90% family participation in our annual campaign. Your support helps show outside donors and foundations that we are a strong and committed community of families.
Foundation and corporation grant applications require information regarding parent and trustee support of annual giving. These foundations and corporations want to see strong support from individuals within the school community before they make an institutional gift. When potential contributors know that the immediate community supports the school, they feel confident that their gifts will be well-utilized.
The classroom participation contest portion of this campaign began on October 5th and closed December 20th. We are so excited to announce we exceeded our goal with 95% family participation and over $141,000 raised for the MMS Fund. Thank you to everyone who donated!
2012 MMS Fund Goal: $120,000
Total Amount Raised: $141,401.74
The first classroom to achieve 100% participation won a pizza party and $500 to spend on items for the classroom, field trips and other special educational opportunities.
- On October 30th - Our First Steps Toddler Classroom achieved 100% Family Participation!
- On November 26th - Our Stepping Stones Classroom achieved 100% Family Participation!
- On December 12th - Mrs. Hasan's Lower Elementary class achieved 100% Family Participation!
- On December 14th - Mrs. Wijenayake's Children's House class achieved 100% Family Participation!
- On December 20th - Mrs. Arora's Lower Elementary class achieved 100% Family Participation!
- On December 20th - Mrs. Shergill's Lower Elementary class achieved 100% Family Participation!
All other classrooms who achieved 100% participation won $150 and a pizza party. Classrooms that earned 90% family participation received $150 to spend on special classroom projects or materials.
We thank you for your support of MMS!