The goal of the MMS Parent Association is to support the school’s mission, develop volunteer participation by organizing fund raisers that provide financial support to the school, as well as provide a sense of community through smaller events and gatherings. We realize that parents are an integral part of this community where students, families, faculty and staff place a high value on the intangible asset of strong personal relationships.
The PA allows parents to:
- Be better acquainted with the staff, teachers, and other parents, and a chance to make new friends.
- Realize that as a parent you can and do make a difference.
- Become aware of the educational programs and extra-curricular activities offered at school.
- Realize the efforts taken to better the education of your child.
- Contribute to the financial health of the school through various fundraising events
Becoming an active Parent Association member is rewarding and enables our parents to experience MMS along with their children. No matter your available time and interests, there are opportunities for everyone to be involved with the PA. All parents currently enrolled at MMS who are in financial good standing with the Business Office are members of the MMS Parent Association.
PARENT EDUCATIONAL SPEAKERS
Funds raised through MMS PA events help bring renowned speakers in from across the country. Dinner will be served from 5:30-6:30 PM prior to both of these events. This years speakers are scheduled as follows:
Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - Aaron Cooper
Learn more about Aaron Cooper:
Tuesday, October 23, 2012, 6:30-8:00 PM - Rob Evans
Learn more about Rob Evans:
EVENTS AT A GLANCE
The PA sponors fun-raising and fundraising events throughout the year for the whole family. Make great memories with your kids while helping the school become stronger each year.
- Welcome Back Ice Cream Social: Friday, September 7, 2012, 4:30-6:00 PM
- Scarecrow Day: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 1:00-3:00 PM
- Toddler Social: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 5:00-6:00 PM
- Family Night at The Springs Water Park: Sunday, January 13, 2013, 3:00-6:00 PM
- Spaghetti Dinner at the Discovery World: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 5:00-8:30 PM
- Toddler Social: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 5:00-6:00 PM
- Annual Gala Dinner & Auction: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 6:00-10:00 PM
- Family Olympics: Friday, May 10, 2013, 4:30-6:00 PM - RSVP now or sign up to volunteer!
- Book Fair: Tuesday, May 14 - Friday, May 17, 2013 - Click here to sign up to volunteer for a shift
- Teacher Appreciation Luncheon: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - Click here to sign up to bring food, beverage or paper products
- End of the Year Picnic: Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 11:30 AM-1:00 PM
Click here to learn more about Volunteer opportunities at these events. Or, if you already know you want to help, click here to complete our online sign-up form.
If you are interested in joining any of planning committees or you would like get involved in any of our events, please contact the following people:
Or, Click here to sign-up online for volunteer opportunities now!