Milwaukee Montessori School is extremely proud of the students who have passed through our doors and have moved on better prepared because of their time spent at MMS. Our alumni have wonderful success in their careers, families, and communities. They truly reflect what MMS is about and what Maria Montessori believed in!
MMS graduates have attended the following secondary schools: Marquette University HS, Divine Savior Holy Angels HS, University School of Milwaukee, Brookfield Academy, Rufus King HS, Nicolet, Pius XI, American School in Switzerland, Phillips Exeter Academy in New Hampshire, Choate Rosemary Hall in Connecticut, Milwaukee and Wauwatosa public high schools.
- 70% of MMS graduates qualify for advanced level courses in upon entering High School
- 65% of MMS graduates from 2005 onward were or have been honor roll students (GPA varies by school, typically 3.5 and higher)
- Class of 2013: 64% honor roll students
- Class of 2012: 80% honor roll students
- Class of 2011: 79% honor roll students
- Class of 2010: 78% honor roll students
2016-17 ATHLETIC ACHIEVEMENTS
- MMS alumna, Brittany Mays ’05, was recently named the winner of The Medical College of Wisconsin 2016 President’s Diversity and Inclusion Award.
- MMS Alumna, Hajira Faud '13, was one of the three hundred students chosen as a semifinalist in the Regional Science Talent search and the only student picked from Wisconsin.
2013-14 Athletic Achievements
Class of 2011 alumna Taylor Benard took home the 2013 Division II State Tennis title in doubles! A junior at University High School, Taylor and her partner were seeded third, but played a strong tournament to win at state. Congratulations!
2012-13 Athletic Achievements
Congratulations to MMS alumni Rayce Albino and Melissa Pelkey for their spectacular performances at the 2013 WIAA State Track and Field Meet! Rayce, a sophomore at New Berlin West, took home first place in the state in pole vault! Rayce vaulted 12’3”, falling just short of a state record. And Melissa achieved personal records in all three of her events: the 4x400m relay (where her team finished 18th), the 400m dash (where she placed 11th) and the 4x800m relay (where her team won 6th place). Melissa’s 4x400m relay team set a new Franklin High School record.
2012-13 Academic Achievements
MMS grad Redat Davison is just one of 20 students nationwide to be honored as a 2013 Presidential Scholar of the Arts. Redat (MMS Class of 2009) was invited to Washington, D.C., to attend the Presidential Scholars ceremony, where she received a Presidential Scholar Medallion. To be chosen out of thousands of qualifying student nationwide is an incredible honor. We are so proud of Redat’s exceptional accomplishment! Read more about the award and find a full list of the U.S. Scholars here.
Congratulations to Kirsten Pelkey (MMS class of 2009), currently a senior at Franklin High School, for being named as a finalist for the National Merit Scholarship. Kirsten is one of only 15,000 students selected nationally out of 1.5 million who originally took a Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test in their junior year. Read more about Kirsten’s achievement (and how it links to her education at MMS) by clicking here.
Class of 2005 alumni Brittany Mays and Fred Jones-Rosa were accepted to the Medical College of Wisconsin. These two alumni were accepted from over 7,000 applications for an incoming class of 200 students. Congratulations, Brittany and Fred!