- Complete Simple Paperwork
The formal admissions process begins when you provide a completed enrollment application to our Admissions Office.
Use the secure online application.
- Submit School Records
If your child has been enrolled in another school, we will need the most recent progress report and, if applicable, standardized test scores.
- Milwaukee Montessori School Schedules a Parent Tour
If the Admissions Committee feels that MMS may be a good fit for your child, you will be contacted to schedule a 50-minute Private Tour of the school. Tours are offered on regular school days Monday through Friday at 8:30 and 9:30 am and are personalized so we can answer questions specific to your child and family.
- Arrange for Your Child’s Visit to Our School
Visits are an important way for us to get to know your child and for your child to see what life is like at Milwaukee Montessori School.
- Toddler Visits: Together with parents, we spend 10-15 minutes in the Toddler Classroom where your child is welcomed and invited to join with the other children.
- K3, K4 and K5 Visits: A young child visits a classroom for 30-minutes with our Director of Admission to engage in age-appropriate learning activities. Part of the reason for this visit, is to see how comfortable the child is in separating from their parents and how eager the child is to engage in classroom work.
- 1st - 8th Grade Visits: We want new students to love being here, so we encourage them to come as our guests for a full-day visit. Classroom teachers and student ambassadors will guide your child through the day’s lessons and activities. This firsthand experience is a great way for children to confirm that Milwaukee Montessori School is the right place for them.
- Student Assessment
We require applicants for 1st - 8th grades to take a test as a part of the admissions process. We use these assessments to reveal academic strengths in specific subject areas.
- Choose MMS and Confirm Enrollment
After we have completed the admission process, the Admissions Committee will contact you within 2-business days of our decision. If you choose to join the Milwaukee Montessori School community, an Enrollment Contract will be sent to you electronically. Please fill out this form and return it as soon as possible. To save you time and energy, the Admissions Committee will notify you in writing if at any point in the process the school decides to deny the application.
- Complete Enrollment Contract
The admissions process is complete when you have completed the Enrollment Contract and submitted the $500.00 enrollment fee. Please note that if your child enrolls in Milwaukee Montessori School, but does not actually attend, the $500.00 deposit will be forfeited.